Sathya Sai Young Adults
"The future of the country depends on the skill and the sincerity of the youth. Therefore, the necessary enthusiasm and encouragement must be generated among the youth. All my hopes are based on the students, the youth. They are very dear to me." - Sathya Sai Baba, (Sathya Sai Speaks Vol.13 Chpt 1)
The Young Adults Committee was formed in 2017 to inspire and motivate all those aged between 18-40 years to be a part of the Sai Organization.
The aim of this Committee is to reach out to all young adults and get them connected to Swami as they do His work
This Committee provides a spiritual platform for young adults to undertake their individual spiritual journey for personal transformation through their participation in the activities and programmes of SSIOS.
The purpose of the committee is to ensure the following: -
- to disseminate information pertaining to YA activities & programmes from SSIO, Zone and National levels
- to encourage participation at National, Zone and SSIO events/activities
- to develop leadership skills through relevant programmes for young adults and YA leaders to serve better in their centres and at national level
- to facilitate the understanding of Swami’s teachings through satsang and other activities and to put into practice in their daily lives
- to promote camaraderie amongst the brothers and sisters through the various activities/programmes/events to work together as a Sai family
- to be an integral part of Swami’s mission
A flourishing YA programme that harnesses the energy and vitality of the young adults can help the Centres thrive. This would also help the Young Adults to promote initiatives that would enable the SSIOS to better serve the country better.
In 2018, the YA Committee organized the following events in Singapore,
- Sai Musings Volume 1 & 2 - Bhajans & Satsang event in Feb & May 2018
- Medical forum – A Divine Prescription
The Sathya Sai International Leadership Program for Young Adults (SSILP) is organized by Sathya Sai International Organisation and the committee has a handful of graduates who have completed this course in 2016 and 2017. The intake for 2019 has a total of 29 participants from Singapore.
The committee is very inspired and will continue to inspire and motivate as many young adults in Singapore to join us on this amazing journey.
For more details please send in your queries to [email protected]